Kerala :)

Kerala :)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the first

Its been a while(less than a year, actually) since I am working. I consider myself a development professional. After having studied Economics for seven years after school, seven years with the subject seems a lot. Also, after Hindu, i got a job at Progeon in Bangalore which i left in three weeks after i got through JNU. Sometimes i wonder, if i had taken it up full time, i would have been a hard core capitalist. Life would have taken a different turn altogether. But after JNU, i pursued the subject for another 2 yrs before i decided to work a bit and fathom whether i wanted to do a PhD for myself, whether i possess the capability, the dedication that a PhD requires. And so i packed my bags from IGIDR, Bombay and shifted base to Chennai where i started research work in the field of micro insurance. I always wanted a job in the development sector and this was my dream job. However, there are days when a big question mark looms in my mind about what i wanted to do and what i ended up doing. I wanted to teach children of tribal communities. I remember even having taking the contact from somebody who worked for tribals. When i got this job, i came here starry eyed. my heart thought i would work for the poor. But things are a little different..

No comments:

Post a Comment