Yesterday night, R and I saw a kitten at the stairway in campus. Not moving, not responding. It was 3 am. R quickly got a utensil to give it water. Unfortunately we didnt have milk with us. So we crushed some biscuits and tried to feed it but it didnt eat. I then remembered that i had a packet of cat food in my room. I got a shoe box and made it cosy with some clothes inside and put the water bowl, cat food and the kitten in the box. I decided that i would take it to the vet the first thing in the morning.
I woke up at 9 and went to check on the kitten. It was alive thought he breathing was slow. As i went back to change and returned the kitten had passed away. Utter remorse is what i felt. At least, we tried our best to make its last night comfortable :(
No comments:
Post a Comment