The first guy that I was supposed to hook up was a certain Mr AM. I refused to meet him because he was 34 years old, stayed with his family and earned about 11 lacs. Money wasn't the criteria but My point was that my peers earned 11 lacs pa when they were 27 and it didn’t make sense to me to settle in a joint family. Plus there was the added pressure of him being from my brother in laws family. And a six year age gap. . Maybe I was not ready. . But I have been independent for too long now. I just couldn't see myself with him. The second person I met for matrimonial purpose was Mr AS. A lawyer, by profession. He seemed decent to talk to. And I did believe I had found someone really nice. However, he stopped calling, messaging back. In fact our parents were in conversation but when the time came to meet, Mr AS simply disappeared from the scene. Then my parents found Mr VS who according to my father was extremely cute. But he wasn’t somebody I could get married to. He did not speak well. He did not want to meet me to get to know me well. He was okay with finalizing everything with my parents. That was not acceptable to me. Later I registered on jeevansathi.com, where I met more samples. Mr VI, who expressed interest and then insisted he wanted a working wife. Mr AJ, who was a divorcee and a classic bodybuilder. All he did was talk about weight. How would he understand what a researcher did? Mr M who kept calling, messaging, telling me I had beautiful eyes and then two days later said it was all a joke. A certain Mr R called me once. He insisted on talking while in the local. The first thing he wanted to know was my caste. It pissed me off. He called me at 12. 45 am again to find out what I liked in his profile. I gave it to him for calling me at an odd time, for asking me my caste and for not going through my profile before making a call. I told him I wouldn’t marry him if he was the last person on earth. This is the story so far. I may find someone, I may not but it is certainly entertaining to look.
Hilarious! You should put together all the incidents and make a book out of it:)
ReplyDeletehehehe :) i just hope it doesn't take that long to find the ONE :)
ReplyDeleteReminds me of my similar experience with these websites. :) Wish I had also documented all this!
ReplyDeletetheek hai na, alls well that ends well :)
ReplyDeleteBrilliant Priya....my fav is Mr. "WEIGHT"
ReplyDeletehehe :)
DeleteHaha, very nicely written! You should write more often!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shreyes :)
DeleteHahaha...you can actually write a book on vivid experiences with everyone you met...and since its in your genes, I guess the book will be a hit too...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Upasak :)
DeleteMr R actually called me last weekedn again at 12.53 am and i told him to not call again. And he said he could not recollect if we had ever spoken earlier. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteWell this was an entertaining piece! Why don't you update it and share your 'latest' experience? The one that kept you up all night! Hahahaha! And it doesn't sound like a bad idea... Compiling it all for a book. Best seller maybe?
ReplyDelete