Kerala :)

Kerala :)

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Diwali this year


After i lost Bade papa and went home, my badi mummy was the one who gave me the strength to move on. to understand that life was not over. She had lost her husband and I went to hug her. This is our conversation:

"Priya, this is very bad.."

And i thought she means that we lost him and i was still unsure about what to say.. and she continued

"SO many grey hair. Do something about this. "

I was partly surprised...partly relieved.. Somehow she brought me back in the normal world with this comment. Inside, I felt if this lady was so strong being with her husband for over 60-65 years, who am I to keep feeling sad?

She gave me the power.

Diwali was always special with her around. Even last year she came outside to see the rangoli. She came to see our lights and diyas and candles and decorations and compliment both Shreya and me on everything, however bad it was. "

This is the first Diwali that I am going home to when she is not around ... I know its going to be very hard for me..

In Hindus, people dont celebrate festivals for a whole year... but I will do everything.. Just the way she liked it.. I will miss you bari mumma but I hope you will be happy with whatever the three ladies of the house do . I will always love you.

1 comment:

  1. I had a horrible backache on Diwali and I fought with her. I told her she didn't love me and kept asking me to lift heavy things. I feel bad about it but i know it was a normal mother-daughter tiff. I was supposed to be having with her anyway. This was my relationship with her.
    We were friends, we were almost equals now. I could ask her "Kya kha ke paida kiya tha?"

    I hope you understand Badi mumma why i feel so apprehensive about marriage. Its never easy when I am Rajesh Rampal's daughter. Nothing is easy, unfortunately. But then no one said, it will be. And if it was, it wouldn't be life.

    It is still probably easier than starting life from a scratch after leaving all the wealth and riches in Lyallpur.

    ReplyDelete