Kerala :)

Kerala :)

Friday, December 25, 2015

That one memory


Each time i think winters, i Somehow think Delhi.
The last 7 years have kind of seen me off winters. My favourite city Chennai had 3 seasons- hot, hotter and hottest.
Aamchi mumbai there is ether heat or rain.
My heart misses Delhi winters. The body cant bear it anymore but the heart craves it once and always.

Sitting on the terrace, helping ma with peeling matars (peas).. soaking the winter sun :) eating oranges!! Waiting for sunshine, watering the plants in winters. A random act of eating ice cream in winters (Do you know the advantage?)

Decorating the christmas tree. buying colourful woolen socks.


The advantage is it just doesn't melt and is actually an ice cream till the end :)

One of these winter trips at home, papa nad I decided to visit Martin's school in Tikli bottom. Papa is member of the board. And we went. The children had enthusiastically decorated the chrismas tree and I was obviously busy taking photographs, talking to children. Later Martin had invited us over for lunch so we ate at his house.

On our way back, from the car we saw a lady cutting sarson ka saag in her field. Papa stopped the car and asked me to ask her if she would sell some for us.

Me "Didi, saag doge mujhe?"
She "Haan, le lo"
Me"Kaise diya, didi?"
she "Tu le jaa. Maine apne ghar ke liye kaata tha. Ek hee baat hai! Main aur kaat lungi"
Me "Nahi nahi didi, fir rehne do"
She" arre, paanch minute lagenge, abhi le le tu"


I didnt even want to ask her again how much it was for. It would be disrespectful for such a lovely gesture. I took the saag from her and took it in the car. It was a generous amount. I told my father that she wouldnt accept payment for it. I had a lovely phone cover which id picked up the day before. I asked my father "Should i give it to her?" and he was like "Why do you have to ask?"

I went back "Didi, ye aapke liye. phone ka cover" and she responded by saying "Arre, ye toh bahut kaam ka cheez hai. aaram se kaam ho jayega phone ismein latkake."


It was such a memorable day that it is vivid in my mind. Papa nad i returned home. Badi ma and ma cu the saag with great shiddat. I wouldnt exaggerate if i say it was one of the best sarson ka saag that i ate in this life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment